I have been issued a lawyer notice for partition of property

0 votes
asked Sep 18, 2015 in Other by anonymous
We are six children to our parents and I am the 5th daughter. My mother had bought a site in Bangalore in 1978 and nobody looked after her. My husband died and I came and settled with my mother in this site. The property was in GPA and nobody were bothered to get that registered. After years passed, my mother told me to get that registered in my name and she transferred the property to my name through a sale deed in 2005. In 2009 she passed away. But now my youngest brother has filed a case against me that I have registered this property when my mother was mentally ill which is not true. Till 2008 she was fit and all my neighbors know this fact. More over nobody has spent a single penny on this property to safeguard and also spent a single penny for the funeral of my mother. I have been paying tax for this property. Now what should I do, please guide me.

Please log in or register to answer this question.

Welcome to Lawhelpline - Online Free Legal Answers in India. Here, you can ask your legal questions and receive answers from Top Expert Lawyers, Advocates, and Attorneys.

Benefit To Lawyers - Lawyers (Advocates) can register account here to increase their clients. They can answer the questions asked by other users. Also, they can post those questions themselves and answer them that are asked frequently. This will make other users to know answers without asking on your behalf. You can put your details (phone, email, experience, expertise) on your profile.

Register Here

Watch Video For Asking Question Here