Under which provision of law file an application to reject suit

+1 vote
asked Dec 16, 2015 in Property Law by Sandeep Gupta


What is the process to file an application to reject suit based upon Supreme Court judgment.

Supreme court has taken the final position on the Hindu succession act 2005 that if father or the daughter is not alive or property is divided before 2005 then daughter cannot claim the share in coparceney property.

In the presents case father is died in year 1998 and the property was divided in 2001.  I bought the property in 2006 from one of the family.  Now in 2014 one of the daughter who were married before 1994 and was not the coparcener according to the THE HINDU SUCCESSION (KARNATAKA AMENDMENT) ACT, 1990, filed a case claiming her share in the property.

It will be rally great help if you can tell me the right provision of the law under which I can file an application to reject the suit because Supreme Court has take the clear final position on applicability of Hindu Succession act (amendment) 2005.

Thanks and Regards,

Sandeep Gupta 

Please log in or register to answer this question.

Welcome to Lawhelpline - Online Free Legal Answers in India. Here, you can ask your legal questions and receive answers from Top Expert Lawyers, Advocates, and Attorneys.

Benefit To Lawyers - Lawyers (Advocates) can register account here to increase their clients. They can answer the questions asked by other users. Also, they can post those questions themselves and answer them that are asked frequently. This will make other users to know answers without asking on your behalf. You can put your details (phone, email, experience, expertise) on your profile.

Register Here

Watch Video For Asking Question Here